Monday, May 08, 2006

Qualifying is closed, and the campaign begins

My name is Alexander Ignatiev. I am an attorney in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. I have lived in Mississippi since 1998, when I began attending law school at the University of Mississippi in Oxford. I have lived in Hattiesburg since January 2003, when I began working for Gunn & Hicks, PLLC. Currently, I am a solo practicioner, practicing out of a side building on my homestead.

The 10th Chancery Court district, composed of Perry, Forrest, Lamar, Marion, and Pearl River Counties, has an open post, with the judge to begin sitting January 2007. Even before I went into solo practice, I was planning to run for this open seat. Now that I'm out on my own, the opportunity is definitely too great to pass up.

My opponents in the race are Aaron Russell, Jr., a former city clerk of Picayune, currently chief deputy of the Pearl River County Sheriff; Jerry Evans, an attorney in Hattiesburg; Gene Fair, an attorney in Hattiesburg; and Deborah Gambrell, an attorney in Hattiesburg and a Forrest County Justice Court Judge. I am the only candidate in the race under the age of forty. At the time of the election, I will have met the qualifications for election just a little more than a month before.

In this blog, I will keep track of my campaign, my candidacy, my hair, my friends, my hopes, and my practice. This blog will end when the race is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home